Skip to main content

Order for three C-RAD systems from Dresden, Germany

Press release 2015-03-23

C-RAD secured an order for two Catalyst™ systems as well as a Sentinel™ system from Städtisches Klinikum Dresden-Friedrichstadt, which operates the radiation oncology clinic in the capital of Saxony in the eastern part of Germany. The order includes a service contract for 8 years.

The Catalyst will be delivered with the complete software configuration containing modules for Respiratory Gating, Patient Setup and Positioning, and Motion Monitoring as well as interfaces to a Toshiba CT and the Varian linear accelerators. The customer also decided on the unique audio-visual couching functionality that supports an interactive gating mode. The customer has the option to upgrade the configuration to Catalyst HD during 2015.

The delivery and installation of the systems is expected to occur in Q2 2015.

The Catalyst and Sentinel systems offer the required technology to perform high-end treatment techniques within radiation therapy. With this solution C-RAD supports the whole 4D treatment chain from imaging to delivery. Respiratory gated treatments are frequently used when the target volume is close to cardiac tissue or for special treatments in which the tumor position depends on the respiratory cycle.


“The first quarter has started strong for C-RAD” says Tim Thurn, CEO of C-RAD. “After a fourth quarter last year that was a little behind expectations, we can see that orders which were expected are coming in now. Especially the German market is showing a good momentum.”


About C-RAD

C-RAD develops innovative solutions for use in advanced radiation therapy. The C-RAD group offers products and solutions for patient positioning, tumor localization and radiation treatment systems. End users are radiation therapy clinics worldwide. All product development is conducted in three fully owned subsidiaries: C-RAD Positioning AB, C-RAD Imaging AB and C-RAD Innovation AB, all of which are located in Uppsala, Sweden. Employees currently number 31. C-RAD’s business originates from research and development at Karolinska Institutet in Solna, Sweden. Sales of the company’s first product, the C-RAD SentinelTM, started in 2007. Cooperation agreements have been signed with Elekta (Sweden), Varian (USA) and IBA (Belgium). C-RAD is represented by distributors specialized in radiation therapy on major markets. C-RAD has established three companies for direct sales: C-RAD Inc. in the US, C-RAD GmbH in Germany and C-RAD WOFE in China. C-RAD holds 29% of the laser company Cyrpa with an option to acquire the remaining 71%. C-RAD AB is listed – since March 2010 – on NASDAQ OMX First North Premier. Erik Penser Bankaktiebolag is appointed as C‑RAD’s Certified Adviser.

For more information on C-RAD, please visit

For further information:

Tim Thurn, CEO C-RAD AB, Phone +46-18-666930, Email


The above information is price-sensitive and must therefore be disclosed under the Securities Market Act (2077:528).

Close Menu