C-RAD was awarded with an order of two Catalyst™ systems as well as two
Sentinel™ systems from Tartu University Hospital in Estonia. The Catalyst ™
systems will be installed together with Varian TrueBeam linear accelerators.
Press release 2015-03-30
C-RAD was awarded with an order of two Catalyst™ systems as well as two Sentinel™ systems from Tartu University Hospital in Estonia. The Catalyst ™ systems will be installed together with Varian TrueBeam linear accelerators.
Tartu University Hospital has chosen to equip its systems with the software modules for Respiratory Gating, Patient Setup and Positioning, and Motion Monitoring. The order also includes the C-RAD TrueBeam gating interface. The Sentinel system will be interfaced with a CT as well as with a PET CT. The customer has also chosen the unique audio-visual couching functionality that supports an interactive respiratory gating mode.
Delivery and installation will take place in several phases, with the first system expected to be installed this summer.
The Catalyst™ and Sentinel™ systems offer the technology required to perform high-end treatment techniques within radiation therapy. With this solution C-RAD supports the whole 4D treatment chain from imaging to delivery. Respiratory gated treatments are frequently used when the target volume is close to cardiac tissue or for special treatments in which the tumor position depends on the respiratory cycle.
“I am very pleased to announce this order, our first project in Estonia,” says Tim Thurn, CEO of C-RAD. “This can be considered as an important reference for the entire region. It also confirms the huge interest in using advanced C-RAD technology to support precise and safe patient treatments. I am very much looking forward to adding Tartu University Hospital to the long list of satisfied C-RAD users.”
C-RAD develops innovative solutions for use in advanced radiation therapy. The C-RAD group offers products and solutions for patient positioning, tumor localization and radiation treatment systems. End users are radiation therapy clinics worldwide. All product development is conducted in three fully owned subsidiaries: C-RAD Positioning AB, C-RAD Imaging AB and C-RAD Innovation AB, all of which are located in Uppsala, Sweden. Employees currently number 30. C-RAD’s business originates from research and development at Karolinska Institutet in Solna, Sweden. Sales of the company’s first product, the C-RAD SentinelTM, started in 2007. Cooperation agreements have been signed with Elekta (Sweden), Varian (USA) and IBA (Belgium). C-RAD is represented by distributors specialized in radiation therapy on major markets. C-RAD has established three companies for direct sales: C-RAD Inc. in the US, C-RAD GmbH in Germany and C-RAD WOFE in China. C-RAD holds 29% of the shares in laser company Cyrpa with an option to acquire the remaining 71%. C-RAD AB is listed on NASDAQ Stockholm.
For more information on C-RAD, please visit www.c-rad.com.
For further information:
Tim Thurn, CEO C-RAD AB, Phone +46-18-666947, Email email@example.com
The above information is price-sensitive and must therefore be disclosed under the Securities Market Act (2007:528).