Skip to main content

New Software Release

Press release 2013-07-04

C-RAD AB with its three fully owned subsidiaries and three international sales companies are all active in the field of radiation therapy. Cyrpa is an innovative company specialized in radiation therapy. A new software version of the C-RAD c4D software platform has been released.

A new version of the C-RAD software platform has been released for clinical use. The release includes new functionality for Sentinel and Catalyst. The focus was to further develop the integration with CT and linac vendors.

First installations with GE and Elekta have been performed and are already in clinical use.

The new Virtual Simulation software module as part of the release allows customers to use the  C-RAD c4D software platform together with the Cyrpa moving laser systems. This module will be commercially available after the clinical validation.


Tim Thurn, CEO, C-RAD AB:

“The new release is an important milestone in our strategy to achieve full integration of the C-RAD solution in the radiotherapy workflow. GE has a dominant market share within the CT market for radiation therapy especially in the US. This offers a huge potential for the Sentinel system. Projects with GE customers are ongoing.

About Cyrpa:

CYRPA, established in 2010 in Belgium, is a company specialized in innovative solutions in the radiotherapy field. Founded by technical experts and an innovation investment fund, CYRPA products are currently distributed in 22 countries on mainland Europe but also in the USA, Latin America, Africa and Asia.

In 2011 CYRPA launched its «HIT» product range (High Impact Technology): laser systems used for patient-positioning during virtual simulation and radiotherapy treatment. The HIT systems include two major innovations: double-diode for each laser line, and the SmartPhantom, a device that allows high precision automatic calibration of the laser system in the CT room. CYRPA is the only positioning laser manufacturer that guarantees an accuracy of 0.1mm.

CYRPA’s aim is to offer quality solutions in radiotherapy that provide higher precision for the patient and more safety for the medical staff.


About C-RAD

C-RAD develops new and innovative solutions for the use in advanced radiation therapy. The company group of C-RAD offers products and solutions for patient positioning, tumor localization and radiation treatment systems. End users are radiation therapy clinics worldwide. All product development is conducted in three fully owned subsidiaries; C-RAD Positioning AB, C-RAD Imaging AB and C-RAD Innovation AB. C-RAD Imaging AB is located in Östersund while the other companies are located in Uppsala. Numbers of employees are currently 24 people. The activities in C-RAD AB originate from research and development at the Karolinska Institutet in Solna. Sales of the company’s first product, the C-RAD SentinelTM, started in 2007. Cooperation agreements have been signed with Elekta, the US company Varian and the Belgian company IBA. C-RAD is represented by distributors specialized in radiation therapy on major markets. C-RAD has founded three companies for direct sales, C-RAD Incorporated in the US, C-RAD GmbH in Germany and C-RAD WOFE in China. C-RAD has acquired 29 % of the laser company Cyrpa and with an option to acquire the remaining 71 %.

C-RAD AB is since March 2010 listed at Nasdaq Omx First North Premier.

For more information on C-RAD, please visit

For further information:

Tim Thurn, CEO C-RAD AB, Phone +46-18-666931, E-mail


Close Menu